This course represents an intensive opportunity to integrate the concepts, models and skills learned in the other mediation courses. Some of the unique features include:
- Participants engaging in lengthier simulations under the tutelage of a veteran mediator who is specifically assigned to work with one small group throughout the role play (i.e. a dedicated coach in each break out session).
- After each small group practice session there will be an initial debrief involving all 4 participants before those playing disputants return to the main room for focused tutorials to reinforce core skills.
- At the same time, those who played co-mediators will remain in the breakout rooms to engage in a much fuller debrief/learning session with their assigned coach.
Participants consistently report a high-level of learning satisfaction with this workshop. Mediation Practice is led by a larger team of senior mediators with each training participant afforded multiple opportunities to work with highly experienced professionals.
Introduction to Conflict Resolution, Coaching for Resolution, and Basic Mediation Skills are Prerequisites for this course.
**Please read below for our Covid policy for in person training and only register if you understand and can adhere to the policy. Call us if you have any questions: 204.925.3410
This two-day workshop provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Increase their overall comfort with the models of mediation taught at Mediation Services;
- Integrate and improve the skills learned in Mediation Skills I and Mediation Skills II in a supportive environment which provides intensive, practical feedback;
- Deepen their understanding of concepts integral to the mediation process through focused “tutorial” sessions; and
- Learn how to respond more effectively to the difficult moments that inevitably arise in the course of the mediation process.
Mediation Services Covid Policy for In-Person Training
In order to safely train in person at Mediation Services our policy is:
- All employees, trainers, and participants need to show proof of double vaccination.
- If proof of vaccination is not available, then the individual will need to provide a negative Covid test within 72 hours of the training day.
- If for any reason, you are health compromised and cannot get the vaccine, please contact us and let us know. 204.925.3410
- Each participant, regardless of if they are double vaccinated, need to do a self-screen before each training day and only come to the training if they are healthy.
- Masks need to be worn at all times at Mediation Services unless eating or drinking. Social distancing is required whenever possible.
- Sanitation and handwashing stations are available.