Dealing with Anger
Why are we angry during conflicts?
What exactly is anger anyway, and why do we feel it?
How can I deal with someone who is angry?
How do I stay calm so I don’t say something I’ll regret?
Explore what anger is, and productive ways to manage and respond to it, both within yourself and others.
What you'll learn in this course:
Dealing with Anger focuses on developing an understanding of the effects of anger on conflict situations. Participants have the opportunity to increase self-awareness about their own patterns and beliefs about anger. Interactive exercises, group discussions and videos are used to teach specific skills and concepts that enable participants to learn both about managing their own anger and responding to another’s anger effectively.
In this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Understand why we get angry,
- Understand the way our bodies react when we are angry,
- Understand why people behave differently in response to anger;
- Gain self-awareness regarding their own beliefs about anger and their patterns of response;
- Learn to respond more effectively and communicate to their own anger;
- Learn to respond effectively to another’s anger using specific communication skills and strategies; and
- Increase their overall confidence about responding to anger on a day-to-day basis in healthy, constructive, and creative ways.
"Excellent trainer, useful knowledge, and a worthwhile investment in your professional development."