Basic Mediation Skills
(Previously Mediation Skill 1 + 2)
Mediation Skill 1 + 2 have been amalgamated into our 5-day Basic Mediation Skills interactive course.
In this training participants get their first experience of a comprehensive model for conducting interpersonal mediation while also getting a “snapshot” of the role of the professional mediator. A process that typically unfolds over a period of weeks or months will be explored over 5 action-packed days.
Skills related to conducting initial interviews, co-mediator planning, follow-up preparation/coaching and carrying out joint meetings in workplace and/or community-based situations will be explored and practiced. The course is led by two experienced mediators and each participant is offered feedback and coaching in a role play practice session.
Introduction to Conflict Resolution + Coaching for Resolution are prerequisites for Basic Mediation Skills.
**Please read below for our Covid policy for in person training and only register if you understand and can adhere to the policy. Call us if you have any questions: 204.925.3410
Basic Mediation Skills
In this workshop, participants will get their first taste of a comprehensive model for conducting interpersonal mediation while also getting a “snapshot” of the role of the professional mediator. A process that typically unfolds over a period of weeks or months will be explored over 5 action-packed days.
Skills related to conducting initial interviews, co-mediator planning, follow-up preparation/coaching and carrying out joint meetings in workplace and/or community-based situations will be explored and practiced. Practical tools and practice are augmented by rich discussion throughout regarding key concepts, frameworks and assumptions, all aimed at helping learners gain a strong, basic understanding of mediation and of the role of the mediator. Additional techniques for addressing other challenges that inevitably arise in the practice of mediation will be explored as time permits.
The course is led by two senior, seasoned practitioners and each training participant is provided with an opportunity to be coached by a trainer in a role play practice session.
This workshop provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Learn a comprehensive mediation model for intervening in multi-incident and/or multi-issue conflict in the context of disputants with ongoing relationships (i.e., from initial interviews to assessment to coaching, joint session, and closure);
- Learn specific frameworks for conducting both case development and joint session(s) that, in turn, draw and build on skills and concepts learned in Introduction to Conflict Resolution: Dealing with Difficult People.
- Explore, as time permits, additional frameworks for addressing challenging situations such as: when systemic dysfunction is contributing to the conflict, the leader who called you in is seen to be a contributor in the conflict, or parties have a lengthier history of unaddressed tensions.
- Improve interpersonal listening, leadership, and assertiveness skills in the role of a third-party mediator.
Mediation Services Covid Policy for In-Person Training
In order to safely train in person at Mediation Services our policy is:
- All employees, trainers, and participants need to show proof of double vaccination.
- If proof of vaccination is not available, then the individual will need to provide a negative Covid test within 72 hours of the training day.
- If for any reason, you are health compromised and cannot get the vaccine, please contact us and let us know. 204.925.3410
- Each participant, regardless of if they are double vaccinated, need to do a self-screen before each training day and only come to the training if they are healthy.
- Masks need to be worn at all times at Mediation Services unless eating or drinking. Social distancing is required whenever possible.
- Sanitation and handwashing stations are available.