Live Online Training
Do you struggle with being assertive?
Are you lacking the confidence and self-esteem to communicate effectively?
Do you find yourself blowing up and then regretting it?
People often struggle with finding a balance between passive and aggressive communication. Assertive communication is expressing what you believe and how it can be achieved in a way that is strong, open, tactful and effective, and also allows the other to respond.
March 23 and 25, 2021
12:30pm-4:00pm Central Time
Learn how to:
- Set limits and boundaries
- State wants, needs and preferences
- Make requests of others
- Be better at saying "no"
This course will examine the importance of assertiveness, and then explore the definition, theory and practice behind assertive behaviour and communication. Communicating assertively means to express oneself strongly, openly and tactfully. Assertive communication entails being clear about what you feel, what you need and how it can be achieved. It is an approach that can be used in a wide variety of settings.
What you'll get from this course:
Participants attending this workshop will have the opportunity to:
- Increase their understanding of assertiveness
- Develop greater understanding of their own individual patterns: passivity, assertiveness, or aggression
- Examine blocks to assertiveness
- Identify their own body language and notice the effect of body language on communication
- Examine barriers to saying “No,” and develop strategies for setting boundaries
- Apply assertive communication skills
- Learn and practice tactics for “turning up the heat”
- Increase their ability to confront others in constructive ways
"Excellent trainer, useful knowledge, and a worthwhile investment in your professional development."