A Roadmap to Existing Together with Opposing Views
The pandemic has seen many people adopting very strong positions on their understanding of COVID-19 and how to live with it.
This course offers a response and roadmap to
“I fully understand your opinion and absolutely disagree with you”.
We will explore how to move forward and stay in healthy relationship. The focus of this course is NOT to shift someone from their own conviction, but rather to move forward in relationship together knowing your perspectives on the issues may be vastly different.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to formulate how they, and the person with whom they are in conflict, came to their position (point of view) based on their underlying values and interests
- Shift from a polarizing place of judgement to a practical state of curiosity
- Recognize and categorize wants, needs and values of the conflict
- Identify the common, different, and incompatible interests of their conflict
- Recognize incompatible interests and how to effectively navigate them
"It had been a very long time since I'd participated in online learning in such a robust way. There are many parts to these modules I will revisit so that I can continually internalize as I put these strategies to use. I had heard about and even facilitate similar strategies, but was surprised by HOW MUCH I learned and took away from these modules. Looking forward to further learning starting tomorrow with Mediation Services. I truly believe that if everyone took this module, it would go a long way in improving workplace cultures. Great job!"
- Monique Levesque-Pharoah, DTM. on her experience taking an Asynchronous Webinar with Mediation Services
Owner of Unique Communications & Training and former International Director of Toastmasters International
About your lead trainer: Janet Schmidt
Don't just take our word for it, see what others had to say:
Key Benefits in taking this asynchronous webinar
- Learn at your own pace, at a schedule that fits your life.
- Watch and rewatch as many times as you need to allow the material to sink in.
- Use your own personal case studies so the content is completely customized to situations you find yourself in. When you've completed the course, feel free to go through again using a different personal case study.